From Swayambu temple
To Bouddha stupa
The long way around
This is not to much a race as an aesthetic challenge. It is around 50km (we have to do more research to find the smoothest route possible) but at a steady 5km walking pace it can be completed in 10 hours.
- Start 6am at Swayambu Stupa.
- Then the toughest and only serious climb of the day to the Jamacho Stupa
- Then there is the long downhill through the Nagarjun Jungle.
- Follow the ridge from Mudkhu to Tinpiple.
- Then climb Tarkeshwor Mandir saying hello to the Sadhu living there.
- Continue here to pass the army camp and to Gurje Bhanjyang. There is a water tap here.
- Continue on jeep road to Dandagaon
- Continue to Nagi Gumba, first on a small foot trail, then jeep road.
- From Nagi, all downhill on the ridge to Kopan Gumba.
- The last 2km are going to be stinky running with traffic on small roads. Hold your breath.
- Arrive at Bouddha Stupa. It is about to be packed so do your best and be careful of others. Complete three koras.