Here’s a fly through of the route… let it play once to load all of the images, then play again.
|Distance||Elevation||No. runners||Start time||Final cutoff||Aid stations||52.7 km||+~2700mm||50||6am||6pm||5 + finish|
|% Asphalt||% Track||% Trail||Best male time||Best female time||5||20||75||6h 30'||7h 00'|
CHECKPOINTS, CLOSING TIME AND AID STATIONS
|Check points||KM||Altitude||Cutoff time||Type of supplies*||Drop out possible?|
|1. Jamacho - water after summit||7.3km (7.3km)||-m||-||Walk back to ring road, taxi home.|
|Mudkhu||19.9km (12.6km)||-m||10:30||Yes, take local bus to Kathmandu.|
|Tinpiple (shops only)||22.9km (3.0km)||-m||-||Take local bus to KTM. No checkpoint, shops here.|
|No checkpoint, shops here.|
|Gurje Bhanjyang||31.1km (8.2km)||-m||13:00||Inconvenient! Some local transport.|
|Danda Gaon||36.6km (5.5km)||-m||14:00||3km walk to bus stop, possible local bus|
|Nagi Gompa||44.9km (8.3km)||-m||-||3km walk to bus stop in Budhanilkantha|
The course is around 53 km and at a steady 5 km/h walking pace it can be completed inside 12 hours. Check the results for timings.
The route is well marked with orange or pink fluorescent ribbons.
Route point by point.
- Start 6am at Swayambu Stupa.
- Then the toughest and only serious climb of the day to the Jamacho Stupa
- Then there is the long downhill through the Nagarjun Jungle.
- Follow the ridge from Mudkhu to Tinpiple.
- Then climb Tarkeshwor Mandir saying hello to the Sadhu living there.
- Continue here to pass the army camp and to Gurje Bhanjyang. There is a water tap here.
- Continue on jeep road to Dandagaon
- Continue to Nagi Gumba, first on a small foot trail, then jeep road.
- From Nagi, all downhill on the ridge to Kopan Gumba.
- The last 2km are going to be stinky running with traffic on small roads. Hold your breath.
Arrive at Bouddha Stupa.